Hello folks

RationalVetMed

Hello folks

Post by RationalVetMed »

Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself as I have only just registered with Skeps.

My name is Niall Taylor, I'm a veterinary surgeon in practice in South-West England and have been for more years than I care to remember. I've had a growing interest in pseudoscience and pseudomedicine for at least 20 years, particularly of the veterinary variety (I joined as I saw someone had posted a video by veterinary surgeon and homeopath, Geoff Johnson).

I run a couple of websites - www.rationalvetmed.org/ which is an attempt to collate some of the evidence which comes up in the debate from time to time, along with links and brief commentaries and rationalvetmed.net/ where I have a few articles and a blog. I've also just written a book with a colleague on the subject of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine which will be on sale in October. The title is "No Way to Treat a Friend: Lifting the Lid on Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine".

That's it really, nothing much more to say other than I'm looking forward to taking part! :hat

Niall
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Hello folks

Post by bindeweede »

Hello Niall, and Welcome to Skeps. If you haven't done so already, do have a good look around. I hope you'll find some interesting threads.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Hello Niall - great to see you.

I have a particular interest (although no training whatever) in Veterinary alternative medicine as I have dogs.

I've started a couple of threads on here that might pique your interest- one some time ago on
Veterinary Acupuncture and one more recently on a 'nutraceutical' called Zylkene.

ETA another one on Bioresonance
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Hello and welcome!

:beer

If polomint invites you around to his place to look at his puppy, don't go. You'll wake up 24 hours later with a funny taste in your mouth.
polomint38

Post by polomint38 »

Niall, welcome and good choice of surname.

Did you know in a poll, people with the surname Taylor are ranked as the most intelligent in the world.
The same organisation found people whose first name is Bruce as the best looking.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

polomint38 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 pm Did you know in a poll, people with the surname Taylor are ranked as the most intelligent in the world.
The same organisation found people whose first name is Bruce as the best looking.
But did the pollsters ask anyone else apart from you? :???:
Matt

Post by Matt »

polomint38 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 pm Did you know in a poll, people with the surname Taylor are ranked as the most intelligent in the world.
Sounds like a stitch up.
RationalVetMed

Post by RationalVetMed »

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, this sounds like an amazing community :-)

Niall
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

RationalVetMed wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:19 pm Thanks for the welcomes everyone, this sounds like an amazing community :-)

Niall
Niall, "amazing" is one word. As you read round, I expect you'll find the "characters". Enjoy, have fun and join in... :ang