International Skeptics forum gone?

Croydon13013

International Skeptics forum gone?

Post by Croydon13013 »

www.internationalskeptics.com/

I don't look at it very often as it has so many idiots, bad admin, etc. But I just tried and it doesn't seem to be there. Temporary problem or well deserved end to a pile of crap?
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Tony.Williams

Re: International Skeptics forum gone?

Post by Tony.Williams »

I've never visited it as far as I can recall, but your link works for me.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

A comment earlier on their FaceBook page: "ISF seems to be "parked". Did somebody forget to pay the bill?"

Seems OK now though. (Actually, "OK" is the wrong term to use for 'that place' - but I never use swear words before noon!) :mrgreen:
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Yeah, it's back now. And as crap as usual.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Why is it crap? It just seems a bit vast to me, it is hard to follow when the original post is linked back several times....
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Just had a cursory look over there - and the current forum, collectively, doesn't seem to be quite so obnoxiously pretentious as it used to be when it went under the JREF banner.
That's just my overall view, after a short glance over the surface. Yes, it is a bit of a task to follow when faced with all those multiple-paged topics which seem to go on for ever, but I don't suppose that would be a problem if you were a regular, daily contributor/reader.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Tinkerbell wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:07 pm Why is it crap? It just seems a bit vast to me, it is hard to follow when the original post is linked back several times....
For one thing, it has very few skeptics on it. The IS forum tolerates all sorts of loony trolls and allows them to post over and over again clogging up threads and making it hard to find the good stuff. It also tolerates all sorts of offensive racist and misogynist crap, but suspends and bans people for objecting to such. Many of the self-identifying skeptics on IS are right-wing Americans with ridiculous beliefs regarding things like gun ownership and climate change. Some of them seem to think that the US constitution is a holy book that cannot be challenged. It's a pathetic mockery of skepticism.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an