"Spoon Bending and the Power of the Mind."

bindeweede
Site Admin

"Spoon Bending and the Power of the Mind."

Post by bindeweede »

The University of Alberta has cancelled a workshop at which doctors were supposed to learn to bend spoons. With their minds.
It was to be taught by Anastasia Kutt, an Edmonton "energy healer" who specializes in reiki, a form of therapy in which the practitioner is believed to channel energy into the patient.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/edmo ... -1.3615916

chaggle

Re: "Spoon Bending and the Power of the Mind."

Post by chaggle »

Absolutely bizarre.

Surely none of the doctors would have managed it - or would there have been some trickery to make it seem like they had - or something...
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

bindeweede wrote:The University of Alberta has cancelled a workshop at which doctors were supposed to learn to bend spoons. With their minds.
I can bend spoons using the power of my mind. I use my mind to tell my hands to bend the spoon. My mind is particularly good at working out the best time to do this, when everyone is distracted. Spooky!

I have a spoon that was bent and broken by James Randi while I was holding both ends of it. I honestly don't know how he managed to do it so well. Some of the loons say he is actually psychic. :mrgreen:
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Way back when, Randi challenged Uri Geller to bend a soot covered spoon without getting his hands dirty.
Yes, that one.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

When I was very young I used to spend hours trying to bend spoons .Without cheating - this is why it never happened...