"Line of Duty". BEWARE - SPOILERS

bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: "Line of Duty".

Post by bindeweede »

chaggle wrote:Heads-up!!

New series started last night and I missed it. Will catch-up and watch it after Broadchurch has finished - don't think I can cope with two running concurrently. :ro
I watched it. First ten minutes or so, very fast action. I won't spoil it, but the very last seconds both shocking and a bit mystifying. Well, there was an issue that left me a bit mystified, but then I'm like that a fair bit these days. :cry:
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

bindeweede wrote:Well, there was an issue that left me a bit mystified, but then I'm like that a fair bit these days.
That's a relief - I thought it was only me... :?
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Tony.Williams wrote:Person of Interest is one of our favourites, but they stopped showing it a year or two ago on any channel we get, and the DVD of the recent series is US-region only. I keep checking in case it becomes available.
The final, fifth season, is on UK Freeview channel 5USA at the moment. I think there have been four episodes so far. It's on several times every week but always clashes with something the wife wants to watch so I've been watching on catch-up. The first few were really really good but the last one that I saw was a "it was all just a dream" episode. Aargh. Almost total waste of an hour but with 30 seconds of Root/Shaw lesbian action in the middle.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Thanks, but we only get a few of the Freeview channels in our remote and backward part of the country, and 5USA isn't one of them.
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Tony.Williams wrote:Thanks, but we only get a few of the Freeview channels in our remote and backward part of the country, and 5USA isn't one of them.
Does this work for you?

https://www.my5.tv/person-of-interest/season-5
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Watched it. :shock:
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Croydon13013 wrote: Does this work for you?

Thanks - I'll check on the TV tomorrow.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

chaggle wrote:Watched it. :shock:
Me too - laughed out loud at the ending! Redefined the meaning of "cliffhanger" :rofl
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Discussion of first episode...
Spoiler:
Presumably the forensic guy thought the Thandie Newton detective was dead as he left the apartment for some time to go to the shops and buy his tools. But she isn't (unless we've entered some sort of alternative reality dream thing at the very end of the episode).

Is it conceivable that an experienced forensic scientists could make such a mistake?
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Croydon13013 wrote:
Tony.Williams wrote:Thanks, but we only get a few of the Freeview channels in our remote and backward part of the country, and 5USA isn't one of them.
Does this work for you?

I've just trawled through the My5 site on my TV but there's no sign of it anywhere. They only have three programmes listed under 5USA.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

chaggle wrote:Discussion of first episode...
Spoiler:
Presumably the forensic guy thought the Thandie Newton detective was dead as he left the apartment for some time to go to the shops and buy his tools. But she isn't (unless we've entered some sort of alternative reality dream thing at the very end of the episode).

Is it conceivable that an experienced forensic scientists could make such a mistake?
Spoiler:
I think that's feasible - people can make all kinds of mistakes under great stress, which he would have been.
Last edited by chaggle on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: formatting
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Tony.Williams wrote: I've just trawled through the My5 site on my TV but there's no sign of it anywhere. They only have three programmes listed under 5USA.
That's weird. I can watch it on My5 via my Playstation plugged into the TV at home, and on my PC in the office at work.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

We have resorted to watching this on catch-up only and only when we haven't had a drink. We pause it every few minutes to discuss what has happened which often takes longer than the segment itself. Consequently each episode takes a few days to watch.

(BTW we haven't watched last night's yet so no spoilers please - not until about Thursday at this rate...)
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

It's certainly proving to be both intriguing and startling - the kind of programme I have to brace myself before watching. :shock:
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

We're now up to date. :? :shock: