Site Admin

Re: " Gary Mannion discovers the world "

Post by bindeweede »

New site suggesting Gary Mannion fakes his seances. Surely not......... :o :o

http://www.garyfiles.co.uk/
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

bindeweede wrote:New site suggesting Gary Mannion fakes his seances. Surely not......... :o :o

Actually caught on camera! http://www.garyfiles.co.uk/

Maybe now people will sit up and start to realise what some of us have known for years ... right from the start (7 or 8 years ago)
https://web.archive.org/web/20090113200 ... php?t=1229
https://web.archive.org/web/20090113200 ... php?t=1229
What really happens when you sit in the dark with Gary Mannion.

Discussion pages here: http://www.garyfiles.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?id=3

The only surprise here (for me) is just how this chancer has managed to get away with his blarney for so long. Image

I think he actually thrived on the publicity - and took full advantage of the notion that "no publicity is good publicity".

No doubt he'll wriggle out of this one too.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Statement from Gary on FB - after deleting all the comments and questions related to the videos:
A bigger statement will come soon for now what I will say is. In regards to the seance in question. The room was searched before the seance started, I was searched by 2 independent people, I was tied up by 2 independent people, we had the end cut of the cable ties as we normally do so that they could be proved to be the same cable ties at the end. I went into trance, I woke up at the end of the seance still cable tied. At the end of the seance the 2 people who tied me up were asked to recheck the cable ties and everyone else was given the chance to check the table ties before they were cut off. My team also state they were in control throughout the seance. A bigger statement will come sooner. In the mean time I understand people have a lot of questions but if your going to put hurtful nasty comments I will simply block you. This whole incident may of thrown the spiritual movement into disarray and i think thats a good thing. Those who have been to my seances before judge me on what you have experienced for yourself. Going forward I will strive to gather as much evidence as I can and continue to work in more and more lighted conditions. A bigger statement will follow in the near future if thats not enough for you feel free to unfriend me and not comment to my posts!

If you have any questions please private message them to me and I will do my best to answer them!
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

I remember reading a glowing report of attendance at a Gary Mannion séance at the Wallacia Centre in Australia, made by Victor Zammitt on his site back in 2014. (I think this was posted up on this forum somewhere at the time.) Interestingly, the link to that report no longer works: http://victorzammit.com/articles/garymannion.htm

Luckily, however, a cached version can still be seen here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=de

Now, there can only be one of two reasons why VZ has chosen to take down this glowing promotional report from his site:

(1) Following the current exposé and the absolute damning secretly-filmed evidence now available to all, proving the fraudulent practices of trickster, Gary Mannion, he may be embarrassed to have this record available to all and sundry, showing how he and his wife were taken in and duped by the fake, Mannion.

or

(2) On discovering the extent of the evidence against the fraudulent Mannion, VZ now realises his mistake in helping to promote a now proven fraud - and wishes to have nothing further to do with such a fraud.

I like to think it's number (2).

Either way, Victor Zammitt has now demonstrated his desire to eradicate any association he may have had in the past with the trickster, Gary Mannion.

Meanwhile, Gary is still busy promoting himself in Australia where he now resides:

An entry in an Australian site called Starnow: http://www.starnow.com/garymannion (advertising itself as 'Where talent gets discovered'):
Gary Mannion
Actor, Model
Location New South Wales, Australia

My main job is Psychic Surgery and a Physical Medium I had a documentry made about me and my work in 2009 by the BBC. I would love to get more involved in TV, Theatre Etc. More info on my media profile can be found at: [ Image ]

Acting experience:
• No previous acting experience

Languages
• English

Accents
• Irish
• UK Cockney
• UK English
• UK Posh

Studied acting in high school and college also attended drama clubs for as long as I can remember. I had a BBC documentary made about me and my life in 2009 called Gary Young, Psychic and possessed, and I also appeared in a TV series called Man VS Weird

I hold demonstrations all over the world and am use to demonstrating in from of hundreds of people at a time.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I seem to remember he does a great Alec Guinness voice.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Extract from Psychic News - July 2016 edition, just out:

Nic Whitham, a former columnist for Psychic News, is co-owner and manager of the centre [Banyan Retreat] which filmed the Gary Mannion séance in question.
After viewing the video recording, Whitham did two things. He refunded everyone's fee for the event. And he revealed to Mannion that he had video proof that he had produced the phenomena himself.

His aim, he has explained to Psychic News, was to stop Mannion holding any more physical séances and to encourage him to return to his roots as a healer.

Whitham's actions and decisions, he added, had been taken in conjunction with spirit advice.

Mannion agreed. On 28 May, he flew out to Australia, where his company, Afterlife Agents, is based, having given an undertaking to Whitham that he would never hold physical séances again. And that should have been the end of the story.

Mannion's Australian advertising seemed to provide confirmation since it promoted only psychic surgery, healing workshops, trance demonstrations, one-to-one mentorship appointments, and psychic and mediumship appointments. There was no mention of physical séances.

But then word got back to Whitham that people he knew had just attended a physical séance with Mannion. There was only one action that could be taken and that was to make video clips public in the hope that they would reach the widest possible audience to make people aware of what had happened.

Equally as shameful is the revelation, made by Whitham to Psychic News, that Mannion asked him, via Facebook, to "name your price" for the video.

Whitham responded: "Gary - please do not judge me by your own standards. You have absolutely nothing that I want. I do this on behalf of the Spirit World and the thousands of people you have fraudulently taken money from over the past ten years or so."
It has also now become apparent that
"Despite accusations from sitters who may have been duped in the past, it is clear that Mannion's performance on 1 May did not require any assistance from others. It was a solitary enterprise."
It seems Mannion's co-workers and [at least some of] his closest friends were totally and literally in the dark about what was going on.

Additionally, Psychic News - August 2016 issue will carry a wide-ranging discussion of the Banyan Retreat séance and video recording, with input from leading Spiritualists and others who have attended Mannion's events.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

bindeweede wrote:New site suggesting Gary Mannion fakes his seances. Surely not......... :o :o

So,
For legal reasons we have had to temporarily remove these files.
I wonder who or what is behind that.
Matt

Post by Matt »

bindeweede wrote:

So,
Removed but with a link to them on vimeo
https://vimeo.com/channels/1104963
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Matt wrote:
bindeweede wrote:

So,
Removed but with a link to them on vimeo
https://vimeo.com/channels/1104963

The videos are still available in the 'garyfiles' link (which is now being referred to as Garygate, lol) - it's the discussion forum that has been removed "temporarily"(?) -
possibly because it had degenerated into a load of ridiculous troll postings (with secreted publicising and links pointing to Victor Zammit's pet projects .... :| ).
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

The videos were also saved and edited by Jon Donnis, so they are easily accessible.

http://www.badpsychics.com/2016/06/gary ... ating.html
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

At this link (strangely named gary saves the whalesdotcom ) :

The full 2-hour video has now been made available to view (for anyone that just might be interested, that is):

http://gary.saves-the-whales.com/
As we have been accused of hiding parts of the ‘show’, we have made the decision to release the whole of the video from before the lights go out to long after it ends. Take a look by watching this clip – but be warned it last over two hours and is extremely boring in parts which is why we took clips of the best bits. The reason this was not released earlier is because he would make excuses for all aspect but as he had not seen the full footage he can only make assumptions as referenced in his more recent tale of deceit and lies.

And a video entitled "Gary answers your questions" made by Gary on 23rd July

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

I've listened to about 10 minutes of "Gary answers your questions", but even with a pair of quite expensive Bowers & Wilkins headphones at full volume on my laptop, I found it sometimes difficult to hear what was being said. The Australian woman's questions were, for me, at times indistinct. (Could she be a friend from "Wallacia"?)

Considering the money he must spend flying to and from Australia (allegedly), I'd think a few hundred quid spent on a decent sound recording might have been a good investment, considering how his fakery has now been exposed.

I'll have a look at the remaining 30 mins tomorrow.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Psychic News (September 2016 issue) dedicates six pages to the Gary Mannion exposure. Here's what the editor, Roy Stemman, has to say:
GARY MANNION EXPOSURE

Medium caught on video blames his 'spirit team'
but won't allow us to question them

By The Editor
When we reported on Banyan Retreat's video exposure of Gary Mannion's "physical mediumship" I wrote in my Editorial that there were surely only two responses open to him: confessing to fraud and giving no further séances, or denying responsibility for what took place (PN July 2016).

As I suspected, despite the evidence and the expressions of disgust from around the world, particularly on social media, Mannion has now taken the second option. In essence, he is saying that his spirit team controlled him in order to protect him from the infrared filming.

After a few weeks of deliberating on the best way forward, he has elected to take part in a 46-minute question-and-answer session (believed to be a sitter, Michelle Lucey) which he has put on YouTube. Those interested in hearing what he has to say should search for "Gary answers your questions".

In a prelude a confident-looking Mannion describes the session as "my attempt to answer some of the questions" that have arisen since the Banyan Retreat incident. He begins by denying he has ever used trickery in his work and he also confirms that he was not told the séance would be recorded. He adds that his agreement to provide physical mediumship states that the séance must not be recorded.

Describing the Banyan Retreat event as "a set-up", Mannion says he has no memory of what took place from the moment he was tied into his chair until he was untied at the end of the séance. He also says he completely trusts his spirit team: "They know why they do what they do".

The questioner puts it to Mannion that people present at the séance believed they were interacting with materialised spirit beings - "in short, they were deceived" - did he accept that?

Incredibly, Mannion responds: "I don't believe anyone was deceived ... From what Spirit has said in a previous statement there was plenty that happened on that night that was not picked up on the camera."

In effect, he seems to be alleging that his spirit helpers were treating the séance as an experiment to see what could be achieved under those conditions.

Clearly, the answers given by Mannion in the You Tube interview are meaningless since - if we take his explanation at face value - he was not consciously in the room or aware of what was happening whilst his spirit team used his entranced body to simulate physical phenomena.

I requested a response from Mannion via his Facebook immediately the Banyan Retreat posted the incriminating video. He promised to reply but I received nothing from him, yet he has recently complained that our reporting of the events is one-sided, biased and has "twisted" his words.

After viewing the You Tube question-and-answer session it became obvious that the only answers that would be of interest to our readers would be those provided by his spirit team, who Mannion claims were totally responsible for the séance that was videoed.

I therefore invited Mannion, who was visiting the UK, to hold a trance session at which Psychic News could ask his spirit helpers - we have to assume that they are actual beings and not as fake as the phenomena they produced - about why they did on the night in question. I suggested that we videoed the session and made it publicly available so there could be no claim of bias or misrepresentation.

Having seen our more detailed reporting of the Banyan Retreat event and the reactions of various people who had previously sat with him (PN August 2016), Mannion declined to participate, saying our report was "not fair journalism - it's setting out to destroy me". He added: "Why would I let you ask my team questions for you to twist what they say? I will pass the articles on to my lawyer and seek advice."

Naturally, I'm disappointed not to have the opportunity to speak with Mannion's spirit team, but here, for the record, are some of the questions I would have liked to put to them:
  • Why, when you discovered that Banyan Retreat would be filming the séance with an infrared camera, did you not announce this to the sitters and explain that you would either have to cancel the event to protect your medium or to simulate the phenomena by using your medium to move objects and create the other effects that always occur at his seances?

Do you not understand that those who attended the session believed they would be seeing genuine phenomena and by faking it in the way you did you were guilty of deception?

Why, if your medium was in trance and unaware of what was going on, as he claims, did he need to feel his way around the circle and in and out of the tent he uses as a cabinet?

Why did you undress him and invite sitters to touch his body to create the impression that heas a materialised spirit being?

How were you able to release him from the cable ties when, apparently, the infrared camera prevented the production of genuine phenomena, such as the movement of trumpet and chairs, all of which are seen being produced by your medium on the video?

Clearly, the infrared camera made it impossible for your medium to produce genuine ectoplasm. Instead, he is seen producing white material, putting it in his mouth, and pulling it out to different lengths in beween having a red light put on so that the sitters could observe different amounts. Your medium must have been provided with that material before the séance and it must still have been on his person or hidden in the chair, after the session. Was he not suspicious? And how can you justify such trickery?
Those who continue to support Mannion need to give serious consideration to the issues raised in these questions. But there's more that they should know.

Mannion was in Australia when he first learned, on 13 May, that his Banyan Retreat séance had been filmed covertly. He turned to physical medium Scott Milligan for advice on Facebook. They had known each other for a couple of years and Mannion had helped Milligan with his website in its early days (it is now hosted and designed by Banyan Graphics).

In private messages, when he learned Milligan had seen the video clips online, Mannion wrote: "I ****ed up". Milligan advised him to tell his partner, Adam, and his circle leader, Teresa Muzzlewhite. But Mannion responded: "I don't want anyone else knowing", adding, "No, they'll make the whole thing worse".

Milligan persisted, assuring Mannion that they would stand by him and give him strength if he confessed to them what had happened.

"I don't want Adam and Teresa to know how ****ed up the whole situation is", he replied, and then, after a couple more exchanges Mannion adds: "He doesn't need to know. I'm never gonna sit again so it's something that never needs to come up".

After learning of the video, Mannion originally gave an undertaking to Nic Whitham at Banyan Retreat that he would not hold further physical séances and it was only after hearing that he had broken that agreement and had held a physical séance in Australia that Whitham put the video online for all to see.

Scott Milligan is so annoyed that Mannion has now made a video denying any responsibility for the faked seance, placing responsibility for it on his spirit team, that he has made public those private messages I quoted earlier, during a live chat on his Facebook page.

Despite the controversy surrounding his "physical mediumship", a statement on Mannion's Facebook page (29 July) indicates that he intends to carry on giving séances.

"I will continue working my way and documenting and showing what the team will allow. If you don't like my work you don't have to come along. Any more hurtful comments will be deleted and you will be blocked...
"This is not me trying to hide anthing. I am simply fed up with all the bullying, harassment and being taken out of context."

Unfortunately for Mannion, it's difficult to take an infrared recording showing blatant fraud out of context and the more people who are made aware of that and the ensuing events the better.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Thanks for that, Ketchup.

I had to smile when I read about his claims of harassment in the last few lines. Some of us will remember that, several years ago, when Gary Mannion was asked to name the homeopathic doctor who supported his psychic surgery claims, he refused, claiming he wanted to avoid harassment.

Then there was the physiotherapist at Northwick Park Hospital who Gary Mannion claimed to work closely with. The person named was found not to exist, and when asked to clarify, refused in case of harassment.

Then he was asked to name the school where he worked with autistic children. Not named - harassment.

Then there were the names of the two DIY companies he claimed he managed at the age of 19. Refused to give names - didn't want those firms to be harassed.

"Harassment" to Gary Mannion seems to mean being expected to get his facts right, or to simply tell the truth.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Gary Mannion claimed that it was his "spirit team" who faked the activities in the seance which was filmed at the Banyan Retreat. This is how three of them responded. (From September 2016 edition of Psychic News - posted with Ketchup's permission.

" We have already given three of fraudulent medium Gary Mannion's circle leaders the opportunity to express their shock and anger on seeing the covertly filmed video of the "séance" he held at Banyan Retreat in May (PN July 2016).

He is claiming that his "spirit team" were responsible for entrancing him and then using his body to create the effects of genuine physical phenomena, including a full-form materialisation which the video shows to be a near-naked Mannion.

Psychic News has now spoken again to these circle leaders, who have sat with him regularly, two of them for years, after they have had the opportunity to watch Mannion's You Tube Q&A session in which he maintains his spirit team were in control throughout.

Do they accept this claim?

No. They are unanimous in their responses which can be summed up in one sentence: "We don't believe you". Both Christine Parkin and Teresa Muzzlewhite are UK based, but Christine went to Australia with Gary to act as his circle leader for a while. Michael Mayo, who is US-based, also acted as circle leader in Australia for a short time.

Inge Crosson, his most recent circle leader in Australia, appears to accept the "spirit control" explanation.

The realisation that Mannion was producing "phenomena" fraudulently has been devastating for Teresa, who regarded Mannion not only as an incredible medium but also as a close friend. She still feels shell-shocked by the discovery and it has taken her two months before she felt strong enough to make her views public.

Here's what all three have to say:

Teresa Muzzlewhite

It's been very hard for me. I feel that I've lost so much. If he would only admit he was faking it I'd find it easier to deal with.

I was present at the Banyan Retreat seance that was filmed. When Nic called me to say they had a video that showed Gary faking it, I didn't believe him. I was certain Gary was in the cabinet throughout. I nearly never went to see it and the only reason I went was to fight Gary's corner for him.

Before going to see it, however, I called Gary, who was in Germany at the time, and told him there was a video of the séance. He replied, "Oh, I'm finished", I said "No you're not Gary, because you're not a fake, are you?" He never responded.

When I viewed the video, it was horrendous. I watched it for two hours and I kept thinking, "This can't be happening". I saw it was well rehearsed. And what you see in the video has been going on for a couple of years, at least.

You can see Gary sticking something in his mouth and moving it around before the red light comes on for everyone to see the 'ectoplasm'. So I asked myself where he got that from, because he's usually searched before a séance. It's either hidden on him or in the chair he often used when holding physical demonstrations in the UK.

I bought that old chair from a charity shop for about £15 and it is kept at my house. When I got back from seeing the video, I immediately checked the chair. When I unzipped the cushion I found inside a piece of very thin plastic material which looked suspiciously like the 'ectoplasm' I had seen. I showed it to a circle member and a very regular trusted sitter and they both agreed with me although, of course, I cannot say it is with 100 per cent certainty, unless it were tested, but it is suspicious. It is now kept somewhere very safe.

On his return from Germany I told Gary he needed to talk to me about the Banyan Retreat séance and I needed an explanation, something to help me understand what had happened, but he replied, "I'm not ready to talk about it". I didn't tell Gary or show him what I had found in the chair.

Now he has had time to think about it, he's claiming that his spirit team were controlling him during the séance that was videoed. I don't believe that. If they are able to allow matter to pass through matter [his claim to explain how he was released from cable ties and later returned] then why did they have to unzip the tent cabinet to get him in and out?

Thinking back to other séances with him, we always heard the zip being opened before a spirit apparently appeared. Also at his last séance at Brentwood, Essex, I could clearly see in the low light that his arm was out of the cable tie and was shaking the tent. At the end of the seance, when everyone had left the room, I told him what I had seen and said I couldn't understand what was happening.

His response was that he didn't know why Spirit would have done that and I should ask them. So at his next public demonstration I asked his guide, in a roundabout way, for an explanation of what I had seen and about which I was very unhappy.

I was told it was something Spirit was working on. I asked if I could tell anyone else about what I'd seen, he said, "No".

Another thing that struck me as strange at the time was that earlier this year Gary's 'spirit team' had asked me and Adam [his partner] to wear glow-in-the-dark shoelaces around our necks at the start of séances and later, during the proceedings, we were told to put them away.

When Adam asked why this was required he was told it was something that would be revealed at a later date.

Adam always sat on one side of the cabinet and I sat on the other. I realise now that they could have been markers for Gary, particularly in new venues, so that he could get his bearings in the dark.

Gary recently came to my home to collect his belongings and he asked me about the "ectoplasm" I had found in the chair. I had not told him about it, but had mentioned it to a couple of people and word had clearly got back to him. He said it was nothing to do with him and how did he know it wasn't a set up between Nic Whitham at Banyan, Scott Milligan, who has been very supportive of me, and myself.

I said, "I have spent the last four-and-a-half years of my life travelling around with you, putting my heart and soul into it for you, believing I was keeping you safe and alive, fighting your corner if need be, believing I was working with Spirit. Why would I want to lose all that?"

Sadly, I now have to ask myself the question: "Was this ever real and did he ever have an ability?" If I think hard about this, I have to say I believe that in the very early days before he gave public deomonstrations, then yes he had ability, judging by what ex-home circle members have told me.

I met Gary on his first public demonstration and started sitting with him at his early demonstrations. But things changed after a short while and he must have started to create his own phenomena.

The video of Gary faking phenomena has obviously upset many people. If it really was his spirit team producing the results, why would they hurt so many people by doing this? That's not the Spirit I've known and loved.

I don't believe his explanation. And as much as this has rocked the spiritual comunity and caused me and probably others to question their faith and beliefs, I know that Nic and Steve [Banyan Retreat's co-owners] did the right thing for the Spirit world. I'm grateful to them for doing what they did. It had to happen.

Fraudulent mediumship and playing with people's emotions and grief is never acceptable ever, in any way, shape or form.

Christine Parkin

I was initially shocked to see the Banyan Retreat video and I have now watched part of Gary's YouTube Q&As. The latter, I find too nauseating to endure in its entirety.

Gary, sitting in his public demonstration chair, in a darkened Wallacia séance room, displaying his all-too-familiar narcissistic tendencies, does not make for comfortable viewing.

His responses are garbled, repetitive and ludicrous.

I have challenged Gary on several occasions and found him to be evasive and unwilling to take responsibility for his actions. To deflect is to defend.
I know of several women who have stepped into Gary's life over the years, with whom he has shared his story of an abused childhood, dysfunctional family and, of course, his amazing spiritual experiences.

Sadly, we have all felt the need to nurture and support "the gifted one".

For the record, he has not contacted me since the video was released, neither is he likely to. If only he would put his hands up, admit his deception and move on, then we could all learn from the experience.

The trouble is, there are still people out there who are supporting him and don't realise the despot they are dealing with.

Michael Mayo

His claim that his "spirit team" used his body to produce the phenomena due to the use of infrared light changes nothing about my view of his mediumship.

He's been getting out of the chair since I checked it in November 2014 [in Australia] and there was no infrared that night.

How often does his "spirit team" get him out of that chair? It's just bogus. Anone who has a genuine understanding of Spirit knows they would never work this way.

Harmony and love are paramount to Spirit - they would not create all this upheaval and discord.

He's a fraud, he's been caught, and he needs to take responsibility.
"