'Reverend' Colin Fry

Dubious Dick

'Reverend' Colin Fry

Post by Dubious Dick »

Apparently the 'saintly' Fry is now styling himself a Rev! And wearing a dog collar.

Wonder where he was ordained?

From his own website (to save you having to go there!):

'Publicically acknowledged as 'The Peoples Medium', Colin is one of the world’s most renowned mediums, having worked as a Spiritualist Medium, registered healer and tutor for 35 years, 2012 saw Colin become a Spiritualist Minister, now officially known as The Reverend Colin Fry.'

Spot the smelling pisstake? Wonder what is is about these charlatans that they always eem to have poor command of the Inglish langwage?
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: 'Reverend' Colin Fry

Post by bindeweede »

Colin’s ordination to the United Spiritualists’ ministry, conducted by the Rev Ray Robinson, took place at the Three Bridges Spiritualist Church in Crawley, Sussex, with which Colin has had a 20-year association. As the Rev Colin Fry, he has now become its minister.

http://www.psychicnews.org.uk/articles/ ... othefuture
Matt

Post by Matt »

Dubious Dick wrote:From his own website (to save you having to go there!):

'Publicically acknowledged as 'The Peoples Medium', Colin is one of the world’s most renowned mediums, having worked as a Spiritualist Medium, registered healer and tutor for 35 years, 2012 saw Colin become a Spiritualist Minister, now officially known as The Reverend Colin Fry.'
Talk about blowing your own trumpet :yea
Zep

Post by Zep »

The sobriquet "reverend" implies the holder should be generally revered...

Not a freaking chance. You can dress a pig in a suit but it still oinks and stinks like a pig.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

recently emailed a few theatres listed on the Rev Fry 2013 tour who were not displaying any disclaimer on the publicity material. One suggested that they simply copied and pasted the garbage he supplied them with, and although the woman who responded said she agreed with me that such performances are bs (though not quite in those terms), that the theatre is pandering (again not her word) to the demand.

However, she did write to Trading Standards for advice, and has forwarded me their reply, and has confirmed that the theatre will be incorporating a disclaimer for Fry and similar performances in future.

Can't say this is a major breakthrough but hey ho.

I do 'love' the way they get away with claiming that such performances are an experiment, as a means of adding some implied, un-deserved cred.

anyway, TS response to the theatre as follows (I have anonymised other than the fact that you can deduce the TS and theatre are in Lancashire as that is identified by the link to the guide to Consumer Protection regulations):

'Dear............

I've considered your query now and looked at the legislation.

Trading Standards enforce the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (the CPRs) which prohibit traders from providing misleading statements, or misleading consumers by omitting material information.

I've attached a hyperlink below which provides further information on these Regulations

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environme ... rmShared=1

It may be argued that a consumer could be misled if they pay to see a show such as that provided by Colin Fry if they go with the expectation that what happens is genuine, as this is an unproven feat.

However it would ultimately be up to a court to decide on such a matter if this type of case was to go to court under this legislation.

In your situation, as the party providing the venue for the tour, and also the party likely to receive complaints from consumers if they are not satisfied with the show, I would advise that it would be in your best interests to add some sort of disclaimer onto advertising materials for shows such as this. This will protect you if future complaints were to be received.

Just out of interest I've checked Colin Fry's website and it gives a disclaimer of this nature and states on it that "The Happy Medium Tour is for education and entertainment purposes only and should be considered an experiment".

I hope this information helps.'
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

bindeweede wrote:
Colin’s ordination to the United Spiritualists’ ministry, conducted by the Rev Ray Robinson, took place at the Three Bridges Spiritualist Church in Crawley, Sussex, with which Colin has had a 20-year association. As the Rev Colin Fry, he has now become its minister.
Interesting that he is claiming to be a Rev of a "real" spiritualist church. The Spiritualists have over 150 years of being as genuine a religion as any other, with followers including Alfred Russel Wallace, Arthur Conan Doyle and Michael Bentine. They don't usually like the showbiz spiritualists and are often as prepared to debunk them as any skeptic is.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Croydon13013 wrote:
bindeweede wrote:
Interesting that he is claiming to be a Rev of a "real" spiritualist church. The Spiritualists have over 150 years of being as genuine a religion as any other, with followers including Alfred Russel Wallace, Arthur Conan Doyle and Michael Bentine. They don't usually like the showbiz spiritualists and are often as prepared to debunk them as any skeptic is.
I believe I saw in another place some complaints, or at least querying of this in that some of the venues on his tour are said 'places of worship'. Suggestion was that people were being asked to stump up £15 to attend these 'special events', and that some of the believers were not happy about this sullying the movement by association with filthy lucre. Guess if some of the 'churches' are getting a cut then the temptation is too great.

Maybe they also think they will be able to lure in new recruits via the wider audience that Fry and his ilk appeal to.

There is a suggestion on his website that he deliberately going to smaller venues as a way of connecting more intimately with his followers. It would be nice to think that this is actually indicating that he is struggling to get bookings at larger venues, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Colin Fry Has Terminal Lung Cancer.

http://www.badpsychics.com/2015/04/coli ... ancer.html
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

bindeweede wrote:Colin Fry Has Terminal Lung Cancer.

http://www.badpsychics.com/2015/04/coli ... ancer.html
First I hope that he receives the very best treatment, and suffers as little as possible. There are some people in the World that I might wish this on, but not Colin Fry. He may have ripped people off down the years, but it is the fault of the law that he and others have been allowed to perpetrate their scams without sanction, and there is no way that I could wish an illness like this on him as punishment. Anyway, my wishing it would never make it happen anyway.

It would certainly be great if he does come clean as urged by Jon Donnis, and confess all. I hope that his imminent mortality might make him think, and realise that the most honourable thing would be to admit that he has been a showman all along, and not a 'psychic'.

However, I am far from confident that he will do so. I suspect the temptation to want to depart with his reputation intact amongst those he has conned will be too strong.

Still, I think that when he does leave us he will have left us some comedy behind to remind us of him, in the form of videos of him 'channeling' Marcus. Always worth a good chuckle or two. So for that at least, thank you Colin.
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Dubious Dick wrote:Still, I think that when he does leave us he will have left us some comedy behind to remind us of him, in the form of videos of him 'channeling' Marcus. Always worth a good chuckle or two. So for that at least, thank you Colin.
Also worth mentioning some of the worthy causes that he has been involved with, like the charity Actin, for instance:

ACTIN, making changes for animals in Spain.
Animal care Treatment International Network has been set up to make changes for the animals in Spain ,who suffer abandonment and cruelty. What we plan to do is to bring awareness of the problems to the world’s media. We need to promote education, new legislation and support neutering campaigns. It is necessary to get support Internationally to put pressure to bear on the Spanish government and to persuade them to take more responsibility for the lack of animal welfare in Spain. ACTIN plans in the future to bring about these changes through media awareness. Actin will tell the truth of how it is on an everyday basis, particularly in the country villages of Murcia, where there is a lot of ignorance and abuse. They will tell of what the volunteers deal with and how the abuse of animals is getting worse. ACTIN will endeavor to bring about campaigns for sterilization and education in schools. There is a need for a Society to protect the animals and this is what ACTIN aim to do in the future but we need much support to achieve our aims.
Television Spiritualist Medium, The Rev. Colin Fry, and his partner Mikey, live in Spain. They have both been made Patrons of the animal defence charity, 'Actin Spain'. With their commitment both Colin and Mikey wish to establish awareness of the charity and raise needed funds in order to help support the charity. Unlike the UK, Spain does not have anything like the RSPCA or PDSA. Animal welfare is down to individual groups.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Ketchup wrote:
Also worth mentioning some of the worthy causes that he has been involved with, like the charity Actin, for instance:
Not sure why that is worth mentioning? There is a long history of frauds donating to charity in order to assuage their guilt. Even if his charitable work is purely altruistic it does not make up for a life spent conning people in a particularly nasty way by pretending that he can communicate with their dearly loved departed.
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

We could always introduce the "we know who else liked animals" fallacy...
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
JonDonnis

Post by JonDonnis »

Someone should take a closer look at the ACTIN "charity" he set up in Spain.
A few people emailed BP about it, and what they actually do, and that is is purely a set up for Colins husband Mikey for after Colin dies
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

JonDonnis wrote:Someone should take a closer look at the ACTIN "charity" he set up in Spain.
A few people emailed BP about it, and what they actually do, and that is is purely a set up for Colins husband Mikey for after Colin dies
Only an extremely suspicious-minded cynic would look on it in such a negative way.

The aim of ACTIN is to unite the charities and associations in Spain to work for a common cause. Changing the welfare and treatment of animals in Spain.

As you are the one apparently querying the nature and validity of the charitable status of ACTIN, perhaps YOU should be that "someone" to "take the closer look" at what it's all about.

Presumably, as a seasoned skeptic, and having made such questionable insinuations, you will be prepared to do some research to back up those apparent accusations? Go ahead ... I'll start you off and save you some of the research work.

Here you can find out about the charities and associations that also work together with ACTIN :
Pro-Setter in Spain

Visit the website: http://www.pro-setter.org

PRO-SETTER Spain, with their main headquarters in Murcia, is a non profit animal welfare association whose main purposes are rescuing, healing, rehabilitating and later re-homing of Setters and other breeds used for hunting, that without justification end in a situation of helplessness.
SOS Animals

Visit the website: http://www.sos-animals.org.uk

SOS Animals in the UK are committed to supporting crucial neutering programmes, distributing vital medications and re-homing animals in desperate need. SOS UK changes one animal's life at a time.
The Great Animal Rescue Chase

Visit the website: animalrescuechase.com

The Great Animal Rescue Chase celebrates the art of animal rescue with a worldwide race to rescue one million. It’s a free event, open to all, and is perhaps the only global animal rescue event aimed at helping any animal in distress, anywhere in the world. Our ambition is to create a culture of enthusiasm and pride in animal activism. We believe in teaching, by example, that there is a hero in each of us just waiting to be unleashed.
The Harmony Fund

The Harmony Fund is a USA based 501(c)3 charity that sponsors some of the very best animal protection efforts around the world. We support projects that raise the standards of welfare for the pets in our lives, the animals on our farms and the wild things in the forest and the sea.
European Society of Dog & Animal Welfare (ESDAW)

Visit the website: http://www.esdaw.eu

ESDAW® - European Society of Dog and Animal Welfare - is a non religious and non profit umbrella organization, network and platform. We are politically independent. Our mission is to advocate for animal-rights and animal welfare in the EU and Europe.

Our purpose is to inform - the public - the politicians - the EU - and the media...
[Care for Cats in Ibiza

Visit the website: http://www.care4cats.eu

Since 2000 we have neutered over 11000 cats on the island of Ibiza. Before our arrival there was no help for them and they were left to live or die on the streets or in the countryside, scavening for food or dying of starvation. also giving birth at least twice a year.

Now, our charity is well known through our work and also we have had several articles in local papers. We also publicise our visit in advance each time and so as soon as we arrive we have a long list of areas to go to.

You can also find Care 4 Cats on facebook.
S.C.A.N.

Visit the website: http://www.scancostablanca.com

At S.C.A.N. we continuously work towards the achievement of the following Aims and Objectives, the:

RESCUE of animals in danger
CARE of the animals that we rescue
REHOMING of all the animals

To allow us to do this effectively we continuously strive to raise sufficient funds to enable SCAN to achieve its worthwhile objectives.

SCAN is currently developing a programme in conjunction with a local Veterinary Surgeon and the Ayuntamiento in El Verger which is designed to take an active role in the local college to help improve the awareness of animal health and safety and in doing so help achieve a cultural change in the outlook of the local population with regards to animal welfare.

You can also find SCAN on facebook
NICO Dog Rescue Support Spain

Visit the website: http://www.ndrss.org

Nico Dog Rescue Support Spain is a small organisation based on the Murcia/Almeria border of southern Spain. It was set up in 2010 to help with the rescue and re-homing of some of the many dogs that had been abandoned or mistreated in Spain.

We continue to work with and support several charities who rescue dogs from Spain and re-home them into Europe and the USA. We foster and rehabilitate dogs and help to find them permanent homes where they will be safe and cared for.

You can also find NDRSS on facebook and follow them on Twitter
Para Mascotas for Pets - Cruz Azul

Visit the website in English: http://www.uk.cruzazulmurcia.es or en Español: http://www.cruzazulmurcia.es

THE CRUZ AZUL MISSION

Cruz Azul is a registered charity (CIF: G73817371 Asociación Benefica: 11.720/1a) which exists to provide veterinary care for the sick and injured pets of people in need and to promote responsible pet ownership.

OUR PRIORITIES

Providing and maintaining veterinary services on a stable, sustainable and long-term basis.
Expanding these services, in line with a clear and controlled Business Plan as funds and circumstances permit.
Encouraging funding, by raising awareness and developing an understanding of our work.
Delivery of pet health initiatives.

Find out more about what we do by visiting our website or our Facebook page.

Come back here and let us know of your findings. I look forward to that. ;-)
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

JonDonnis wrote:Someone should take a closer look at the ACTIN "charity" he set up in Spain.
I'm sure that, as a true skeptic, you would not assume to reverse the burden of proof.

Should be easy enough to back up if it's true...
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con