Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's team.

chaggle

Re: Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's tea

Post by chaggle »

Yes - Tilbrook came over well.

Fry made the point that he is an ordained minister as if that somehow improved his cred.

Fry kept saying that mediums/psychics/spiritualists should be regulated - Phil kept asking on what basis.

Phil is actually quite good at this sort of thing.

The programme poll had 75%-ish believing in mediumship which I find difficult to believe - I suggest that the believers were out in force.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

chaggle wrote:Yes - Tilbrook came over well.

Fry made the point that he is an ordained minister as if that somehow improved his cred.

Fry kept saying that mediums/psychics/spiritualists should be regulated - Phil kept asking on what basis.

Phil is actually quite good at this sort of thing.

The programme poll had 75%-ish believing in mediumship which I find difficult to believe - I suggest that the believers were out in force.
Yes, but don't think he mentioned who he was 'ordained' by.

He also kept on about how he is also a licensed counsellor. Again, by who?

As to the 75% believers in the poll, of course it will be based by those most motivated to respond, but I guess the GMB audience is pretty oriented that way anyway, given the tabloidy nature of the program.

It does seem clear that PS is on the right side. He quoted a 'psychic' getting lots of hits but all fed to them by the sitter, but when he gave nothing away they got nothing. Trouble is that progs like GMB cannot be really hard hitting because they don't want to upset their core audience.

Fry was asked by Tilbrook if he would undergo testing. Fry did the old "I don't like being a laboratory rat" schtick, and that testing never comes to any firm conclusions???? When Mark mentioned Chris French Fry asked what qualifications he had, and said he would "look into it". Any bets as to how far that goes?

Fry kept inviting Mark to a performance including backstage. Mark kept trying to pin him down as to whether Fry would be attempting to make contact with the dead. Seemd the idea went up a blind alley.

I tweeted GMB to ask Colin about the trumpet. Sadly don't think it was in time.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Azrael 5 on International Skeptics posted that the Sally Morgan website is down. It goes to a message:

'This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.;

Maybe they've been getting too many messages via the contact form that they don't like, such as mine asking when John Morgan will be resigning as a Director of Sally Morgan Enterprises (50% shareholder so guess she can't sack him fully ho ho) and asking if John Morgan and her son in law have signed on yet.

http://www.sallymorgan.tv/
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Thought this comment on her facebook page worth sharing:

' I fink physic Sally is triffic. She said my old gran had died of old age. She knew only things the famly cd possibly no....like when it was rainy he always took his black umbrella. That when he died he had his socs on. She even guessed his name after 15 attempts. Leave off John and Daz. They woz only protecting our Sal from some deadly leafleter .One of them leaflets can have your eye owt don't u know...... It woz out of character for our cudly, loverley John. If e adnt come out with that stream of homofobic abuse goodness knows where tht troublemaker Mark wd av stuck the leaflet!? Doesn't bear thinking abart.....shudder! Good on you Sally'
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

A good parody. I visited Morgan's FB page a few days ago, and the standard of some of the posts really was almost as bad as that. I wonder if whoever moderates that page really thinks that praise from people who can barely express themselves actually has much beneficial effect.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Maybe the website is down to try to minimise protests and leafleting at her shows by making tour dates more difficult to find, though the venues where she is appearing still have their web announcements but more difficult to compile a list from there.

Also possible they have had too many 'horrible' messages via the contact from.

I have sent out complaints to many of the theatres on the list about hosting these evente. While many give the standard "they are popular and up to people to make up their own minds" excuses, a few have said they are contacting her management for clarifications on the Mark Tilbrook incidents. I have also been sending them links to the dangerous medical advice stuff Jon Donnis and Simon Singh wrote about.

Suspect they are in meltdown trying to handle all the attacks and firefighting.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Seems the website is back up, including a page titled:

Sally & John - The Happy Couple (http://www.sallymorgan.tv/happycouple/)

Apparently their first date was at a pub called The Pig and Whistle.... Seems somehow appropriate.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Outside the Sally Morgan gig in Brighton this evening! (Via Paul Zenon.)

Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Looking forward to more detailed reports.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Looks like the "difficulty" between Morgan and Hubby might have been resolved. From her FB page.
Good news - we were at the Brighton show last night and saw John coming out of the stage door with Sally at the end. They spoke to 2 ladies then drove off together so seems they have worked things out between them.
Well, who would have guessed......? (Posted about 1 hour ago.)
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

If true shows up for all to see that the P.R. fluff about sacking him, and her marriage being in doubt was just that i.e. P.R bs.

Hopefully this will do her even more damage, as it reinforces what awful judgement she has. If she and her advisors had the teeniest bit of sense they would have kept that vile specimen well out of the limelight for a lot longer.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Dubious Dick wrote: Hopefully this will do her even more damage, as it reinforces what awful judgement she has. If she and her advisors had the teeniest bit of sense they would have kept that vile specimen well out of the limelight for a lot longer.
... apart from the FB post quoted starts "good news..."
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

chaggle wrote:
Dubious Dick wrote: Hopefully this will do her even more damage, as it reinforces what awful judgement she has. If she and her advisors had the teeniest bit of sense they would have kept that vile specimen well out of the limelight for a lot longer.
... apart from the FB post quoted starts "good news..."
Yes, but the good thing about that is the report comes from an obvious supporter so can't be seen as a 'horrid' skeptic stirring up trouble.

Have sent to Pink news and tweeted to Mark Tilbrook, so hopefully the news will be spread around even further, and help to keep the fire burning. Should help to alienate a few more supporters who bought into the P.R. puff.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Halloween marks the end of Psychic Awareness Month for the Good Thinking Society, arranged as a show of support for Mark Tilbrook. Since our project began at the start of October, we have helped organise the quiet, polite leafleting of 27 shows throughout the month – including 12 shows from Sally Morgan, 10 shows from Colin Fry, 4 from Derek Acorah and one Tony Stockwell show.

We’re happy to report that Tony Stockwell’s management team took the time to thank our leafleters for their polite and respectful manner, and Colin Fry on a number of occasions gave leafleters complementary tickets to his show as a gesture of goodwill. Sally Morgan’s team, too, provided no further obstacle, beyond telling us we were “lucky not to have been thrown under a train” and that it was “lucky we were still able to walk” in Watford on October 1st.
http://goodthinkingsociety.org/psychic- ... ful-close/
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Mark Tilbrook explains why he supports Good Thinking.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

http://goodthinkingsociety.org/