bindeweede
Site Admin

1928 England in Colour.

Post by bindeweede »

bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: 1928 England in Colour.

Post by bindeweede »

The Autochrome was the foremost color photographic process of the day, since it was first brought to market by the Lumière brothers in 1907. The core ingredient? Potatoes. Tiny grains of dyed potato starch, around 4,000,000 per square inch, coated a glass plate. The gaps between the grains filled with lampblack, and the coated layer allowed the exposure to capture a color image.
The good ol' potato, eh! What would we do without the potato?

Here's a whole load of fun facts about potatoes that I bet you didn't know: http://www.nppga.org/consumers/funfacts.php

Strangely enough, they don't mention in that list that the main ingredient in making poitín (potcheen) is .... yes ....
the good ol' potato. :thumb:
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

The Autochrome was the foremost color photographic process of the day, since it was first brought to market by the Lumière brothers in 1907. The core ingredient? Potatoes. Tiny grains of dyed potato starch, around 4,000,000 per square inch, coated a glass plate. The gaps between the grains filled with lampblack, and the coated layer allowed the exposure to capture a color image.
The good ol' potato, eh! What would we do without the potato?

Here's a whole load of fun facts about potatoes that I bet you didn't know: http://www.nppga.org/consumers/funfacts.php

Strangely enough, they don't mention in that list that the main ingredient in making poitín (potcheen) is .... yes ....
the good ol' potato. :thumb:
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

It seems to me that 1928 was a year of green and red....very beautiful, though :thumb: