Tredinnick for Science and Technology Committee! Run for it!

Dubious Dick

Tredinnick for Science and Technology Committee! Run for it!

Post by Dubious Dick »

Not only is it quite incredible that this sorry excuse for a man is still an M.P. (see Cash for Questions and expenses fraud), but he is now proposed as a Member of the Science and Technology Committee by Geoffrey Clifton-Brown M.P. on behalf of the Selection Committee.

Tredinnick has been a long time supporter of woo of various flavours, including homeopathetic (sugar flavour!).

As this has been announced as Future Business, perhaps it is not too late to put a stop to this madness? Surely the last thing we need on the S&T Committee is a supporter of pseudoscience? Let alone a crook though finding a politician that isn't, or at least is competent these days may be a tough assignment.

Courtesy of posting by Blue Wode on JREF Forums here: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=156775

I shall be writing to my M.P. for what little worth that may be.
chaggle

Re: Tredinnick for Science and Technology Committee! Run for

Post by chaggle »

Beyond belief - Hunt the Homeopath at health as well.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Have also written to Sense About Science to see if they are in a position to lobby on this.

Seems from further digging that he is also on the Health Select Committee.

It is truly funny peculiar to think of him sitting there asking for evidence!
Zep

Post by Zep »

Does the idiot enjoy any particular Royal patronage? Or even indirect Royal nod-and-wink support? A fervent cap-tugger to the House of Windsor? If so, may explain his imperviousness and consideration for the position...
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Here he is in action - utter bollocks.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

What an absolute arsehole!
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

Can't argue with that, chaggle, although my language would be a touch stronger.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Asthmatic Camel wrote:Can't argue with that, chaggle, although my language would be a touch stronger.
Sorry about the language - I expect Binders will admonish me.

But my blood pressure rose dangerously while watching that idiot/idiocy.
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

I suspect that Dr. Bindeweede would ban me forthwith if I voiced my true opinion in the local dialect.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Sense About Science backed by big corporations. Racially prejudiced. Links between astronomy and astrology. Irrational and emotional.

This man should be f'ing well shut away from the World. I would laugh if I wasn't crying at the stupidity.

No wonder evidence based policy making is such a struggle with eejits like this in positions of responsibility and influence.

I would dearly love to knock some sense into his head, but suspect there is little or no grey matter in there to absorb it.
panama

Post by panama »

Wot A Tosser...
Matt

Post by Matt »

So we have a creationist in charge of education; a secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change done speeding about in a BMW 7 Series. We have a guy inexplicably approving Murdoch's increasing monopoly over the objections of Ofcom exposed as leaking to News Corp and so promoted to run the NHS despite being a supporter of homeopathy. Finally we have the honourable member for Holland and Barrett, notoriously the most anti scientific barmpot in either house and a veteran of the cash for question scandal being appointed to the Science and technology committee. I fully expect them to appoint Nicholas Soames as sports minister next.
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Matt wrote:So we have a creationist in charge of education; a secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change done speeding about in a BMW 7 Series. We have a guy inexplicably approving Murdoch's increasing monopoly over the objections of Ofcom exposed as leaking to News Corp and so promoted to run the NHS despite being a supporter of homeopathy. Finally we have the honourable member for Holland and Barrett, notoriously the most anti scientific barmpot in either house and a veteran of the cash for question scandal being appointed to the Science and technology committee. I fully expect them to appoint Nicholas Soames as sports minister next.

Not forgetting the Justice and Culture, Media and Sports Ministers guilty of participation in that well known pastime, extreme expenses claiming.

All led by a man whose only qualification for high office is professional lying, errrrr, sorry P.R.

But never fear, there's always the Osborne to rescue us.....isn't there?

By the way, time for a Soames joke.. It is said that his father was not too confident in his intellect and said to the young Soames, " You've got no brains and no talent. You'd better get your cock in the till." I believe that despite his lack of charm and looks, he did indeed marry into money. Lucky boy!
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Asthmatic Camel wrote:I suspect that Dr. Bindeweede would ban me forthwith if I voiced my true opinion in the local dialect.

Just for complete clarification, AC. I can assure you that I have not been "Doctored" in any way, as I fortunately still have all the bits I was born with.

Sincere thanks. bw.