Some recent crime series

bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Some recent crime series

Post by bindeweede »

chaggle wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:43 pm Anyone watching Unforgotten? :shock:
I've got two episodes waiting on the recorder-thingy. Just watching an old "Poirot". Have enjoyed previous series of "Unforgotten", so hope the latest to be as good. I find Nicola Walker particularly impressive.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Well I won't do any spoilers - we've just watched episode five of six.

It's very good - the story is compelling, Nicola Walker is great and there are some other fine performances as well.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

chaggle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 pm Set in Bath - the second series of MacDonald and Dodds has started.
There were supposed to be three episodes in the second series (like the first) but only the first two were shown, for some mysterious reason. Apparently the final episode will be shown sometime later this year.

Midsomer Murders continues its valiant effort to make Death in Paradise look like serious and realistic drama. Apparently the reason for this is that MM is highly popular abroad, and it's the nuttiest episodes which are enjoyed the most.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Intruder on Ch5 looks good.

Just watched Ep1/4 from last night and about to watch 2/4.

3/4 & 4/4 tomorrow and Thursday so nice and compact.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Watching Viewpoint ITV 21.00 every night this week.

Very good.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

ARRGGGHHH!!!!

They're not showing the final episode of Viewpoint tonight because the main actor's been a twat (allegedly but it's probably true).

I see why they've done it but... :gh
Matt

Post by Matt »

Goodness me not Mickey the Idiot. That's some certainly a firm response. I see that there are options for those that are invested.
‘We are mindful that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time over the past four nights in following this thriller which was due to conclude this evening, and they have yet to see the final episode. ‘As such we plan to make it available on ITV Hub tonight for a limited time for any viewers who wish to seek it out, and watch its conclusion.’
Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/30/noel-cla ... to=cbshare
Matt

Post by Matt »

Tony.Williams wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:51 pm Midsomer Murders continues its valiant effort to make Death in Paradise look like serious and realistic drama. Apparently the reason for this is that MM is highly popular abroad, and it's the nuttiest episodes which are enjoyed the most.
My missus very much enjoys those two. I'm pretty sure she's not from abroad but she is a broad to use the vernacular.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Oh, I enjoy them. I just tell my critical faculties to take a walk while they're on...
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm not criticising. I'm rewatching Stargate. You don't get much nuttier than that.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

For info - the last episode of Viewpoint was posted on ITV Hub for a short time but deleted - even deleted from your planner if you had downloaded it - which I had.

I managed to watch it on YouTube but it seems it's been deleted from there as well now.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Currently three-quarters of the way through Floodlands, one of the international Walter Presents series on More4. It's set on the coast on the Dutch/Belgian border and is a murder mystery involving human trafficking, a criminal secret society, somewhat dubious members of the police forces and a heroine with psychological problems. I love the setting; the contrast between desolate salt marsh and docklands, with huge container ships drifting past. The 8-episode story is the right length to see it within a week, and I'm enjoying it.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Just finished Innocent series 2 on ITV Monday to Thursday last week.

Very enjoyable.

I like these compact series - my old brain finds it easier to remember plots in a shorter timeframe.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

chaggle wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:14 am
I like these compact series - my old brain finds it easier to remember plots in a shorter timeframe.
Same applies to characters in books - even more so, as there isn't the visual memory prompt of seeing the characters. I find I frequently lose track of who a character is, especially if they haven't featured for a while. So I'm left with either trawling back through the early part of the book in the hope of stumbling over the bit where the character is first introduced, or just pressing on in a slight fog hoping that this will become clear. In complex fantasy stories the author sometimes puts in a list of the characters, which can be helpful (but not always...). I suppose that one advantage of an e-book is that you can put in a search for a name? Or don't they allow for that?
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

The Pact (BBC) is very watchable.

Impressive cast.