Covid Vaccine issues

chaggle

Re: Covid Vaccine issues

Post by chaggle »

This is being touted to me as 'proof' that there are real problems with the vaccines and there is a coverup.

I can't find that graphic anywhere except tweets and blogs and I very much doubt that it's from Eudravigilance.

Any idea how to find out where it originated?
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Matt

Post by Matt »

It's not made clear if these are supposed to be deaths in excess of the expected level. Or if it's the total number of all cause deaths within a certain timeframe of the dose being administered?
Strikes me that 3,964 dead is a pretty small number in relation to the tens of milllions people receiving the vaccine across Europe especially considering the demographic being prioritized so if it's total all cause deaths within a timeframe then that timeframe would be quite short.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... acker.html
Nor is it clear what threshold they use for vaccine injury. Does this include all reports of adverse side effects including dizziness, sickness and diarrhea. If so then this would seem to be a fraction of a percent.
I have managed to find genuine recent reports from Eudravigilance for the BioNtech and Moderna vaccines. They're in summary form so don't contain these or any other figures but the gist appears to be that the benefits continue to outweigh any risks
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... 021_en.pdf
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... 021_en.pdf
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

It's clear that that graphic is a mock-up and as you say - it's not at all clear what the figures represent.

Delving further into the labyrinthine EudraVigilance database I find this...

https://dap.ema.europa.eu/analytics/saw ... 1+40995439

From this it appears that there are numerous 'cases' in non-adult age groups and even in infants.

Are these age groups being vaccinated? Or am I reading this all wrong? :con
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

I've spent much of today reading about the lateral flow tests, and varying results in reasearch reports. I am both confused and dubious about their usefulness. Other views appreciated.
Lack of a central registration process and of comparative data means that Public Health England’s Porton Down laboratory and the University of Oxford have been tasked with evaluating the sensitivity, specificity, and kit failure rate of lateral flow tests. Only three of 40 test kits evaluated made it through the first assessments.2 And only one of these has been evaluated in field studies; it is still unknown how the others work in the real world.

The World Health Organization points out that the accuracy of lateral flow tests depends on several factors, including the time from onset of infection, the concentration of virus in the specimen, the quality and processing of the specimen collected from a person, and the precise formulation of the reagents in the test kits.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n287
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Tony.Williams wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:36 pm Yesterday lunchtime I received my first vaccine, of the AstraZeneca flavour.

I didn't pay much attention to the warnings of side effects, partly because there was nothing I could do about them, partly because I have never felt any side effects from any injections. As usual, I felt fine afterwards, all afternoon and evening. Not a twinge.

Then I had to get up in the middle of the night, and got nuked. It was as if I was totally drunk, in a way I haven't been since I was a senseless student. I was staggering about, hanging onto furniture, and it took me several attempts to return a bottle of milk to the fridge: first I found myself opening the room door next to it instead of the fridge door, then I tried to push the bottle into the fridge without opening the door, and so on. I finally managed to get back to bed, immediately fell asleep and apart from feeling a touch fragile, I was OK when I woke up this morning.

To add: when I returned to the bedroom, my BH took one look and ordered me to lie down immediately, as I was so white-faced she thought I was going to pass out. On reflection, my symptoms might well have occurred because I was one the point of passing out. Doesn't answer the question of why I was passing out, though - not something I'm prone to!
Had the second AZ jab on Monday, after the mandatory three-month delay. No trace of any side-effects at all (nor for my BH, who did feel a tad rough after the first one). A couple of odd things about the jab, though. Just before we were pierced, the lady who was checking our details warned us that we were getting a "stronger dose" this time. I was really not in the mood to grill her about what she meant, but as far as I can find out, both jabs are supposed to be the same. The other oddity was that while neither of us felt more than a slight prick the first time, both of us really felt it this time - quite the most painful injections we can recall having, so we were sitting there gritting our teeth, very keen for it to end (I should say that on both occasions, we had different jabbers).
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Today, I was able to book my second jab for April 29th, which will be 11 weeks and 3 days after the first. Some friends had reactions ranging from mild muscular aches and sore arm to vomiting, fever, and really feeling unwell for 2 days. I must have been lucky when I not only felt nothing getting the jab and had absolutely no side-effects. I'll just have to wait and see how the second one goes.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

24 hours now since my second AZ jab, and no sign of any side-effects so far, although I suppose there might be some kind of delayed reaction. With reference to Tony's post, I was also told the second jab was the same strength as the first.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Have a colleague off work with a fever today after a Covid jab. Not sure which flavour. I'm assuming it's his first as he's around the same age as me. It might make sense if there was a bigger immune response on the second as the whole idea is that the immune system has been primed by the first jab.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Matt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:29 pm It might make sense if there was a bigger immune response on the second as the whole idea is that the immune system has been primed by the first jab.
I vaguely recall hearing that the after-effects tended to be less with the second jab of AZ, but more with the second jab of BioNTech.