Hello peasant scum

The Yellow Hammer

Hello peasant scum

Post by The Yellow Hammer »

I’m The Yellow Hammer. I’ve just retired and am hoping to have more time to waste posting here.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Hello peasant scum

Post by bindeweede »

Welcome, Mr Hammer. Those of us who've been members from the beginning will especially look forward to your posts. :ang
The Yellow Hammer

I tried contacting you but assume that nothing got through.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Hello Yellow - good to see you. :beer

What are your interests vis a vis skepticism?
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
The Yellow Hammer

I’m very skeptical about Lib Dem remainers who have no more idea what to do after their second referendum than the brexiteer loonies have of what do after we’ve crashed out.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Lib Dems are having a second referendum?

I thought they were just going to revoke A50.
The Yellow Hammer

Aargh. Yes. Events overtaking reality.

After all this twatery demanding a second ref the leadership now don’t want one. But what about all the supporters? Do you still want another vote or are you happy to admit that you don’t care about democracy, etc?
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Not sure who you're addressing as LibDem supporters Mr Hammer - but I guess that the thinking is that if the electorate were to elect them to power (however unlikely that might be) on such an unequivocal platform then that constitutes the democratic wish of the people.

I've got a feeling that when an election becomes a reality, compromises and electoral compacts will be forthcoming on both sides of the Brexit divide.
Matt

Post by Matt »

There are people who would take the slim referendum majority for "the sunlit uplands" of the "easiest deal in history", where "we hold all the cards" and keeps us in the “European Free Trade Zone” which stretches “from Iceland to Turkey” and re-purpose that mandate to support a policy which during the campaigns was described as "Project fear"
Those people bang on a lot about democracy. It is preciously because I do respect democracy that I object when a skilamalink mumpsimus defiles its name with this shenanigans.