Chlorinated chicken

chaggle

Chlorinated chicken

Post by chaggle »

Bindeweede's excellent :roll: limerick reminded me of this issue.

Bit of a storm in a teacup isn't it?

I mean - I've no time for Fox and I'm concerned about many issues of a UK/US trade deal but is this particular issue really a problem? :con
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
bindeweede
Site Admin

Re: Chlorinated chicken

Post by bindeweede »

Gove says chlorinated chicken would be banned under any UK-US trade deal, apparently.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Chlorinated chicken perfectly safe for benefit claimants and low earners, government says.
"Speaking to journalists, the Liam Fox said: “My party has worked hard to bring British wages and living conditions into line with other third world countries, and our proposed trade deal with the United States will soon bring food our (sic) standards down to a similarly low level.”

http://www.newscrasher.com/2017/07/25/c ... ment-says/
;)
Matt

Post by Matt »

I don't think is the chlorine itself that's the problem, its that the results of US Style intensive farming procedures are only fit for human consumption if all the filth and disease is bleached off of them.
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Matt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 pm I don't think is the chlorine itself that's the problem, its that the results of US Style intensive farming procedures are only fit for human consumption if all the filth and disease is bleached off of them.
Yes, this.

American has had a number of big food poisoning incidents caused by unsanitary farms and slaughter houses. They need to pour bleach all over food before eating it. It is better than the alternative of not bleaching the chicken flesh.

This is one of many trivial potential issues with a new US/UK agreement; but is indicative of how we will be expected to lower our quality and standards to match the third-world level of our special friends.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
JonDonnis

Post by JonDonnis »

Matt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:45 pm I don't think is the chlorine itself that's the problem, its that the results of US Style intensive farming procedures are only fit for human consumption if all the filth and disease is bleached off of them.
Where as the UK methods are completely humane and lovely, and the chickens lead a lovely happy life without disease, stress or problems right?

If you eat chicken you are contributing to the torture, murder and inhumane treatment of Chicken, so people who are using this chlorine wash nonsense as the latest way to attack Trump or the UK Government not only are you ignorant, you are also a hypocrite (Not you Matt just in general)