Salutations

Sparkles

Salutations

Post by Sparkles »

I am drop-dead gorgeous, never have an off day, bask in the admiration of men everywhere and am gracious about the fact that most women are jealous of me. All of which is true in my fantasy world. In reality, I am overweight, was blind as a bat without my glasses (until I had cataracts removed and now I can see!!!), love foot rubs and can be bribed with Raspberry Ruffles (choccies) :-)

Interests include reading, sci-fi, abseiling, wolves, walking, astronomy and well-made documentaries. My taste in music is wide and varied; I like classical and soft jazz, some pop and some rock. Depends on my mood!

I am not a skeptic, or sceptical in any way. I am here to plague, harass and torment you cos bindeweede encouraged me to :mrgreen:
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.” William Shakespeare :P
polomint38

Re: Salutations

Post by polomint38 »

I was very impressed, then I realised there was a comma between abseiling and wolves because an abseiling wolf would be cool. :D

Is the reference to wolves the animal or wolverhampton wanderers the team? :con

Oh and by the way, welcome to our humble abode.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Hello Sparkles - good to see you. :beer
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

And a warm welcome to Sparkles from me too. (Well........relatively.... :P )
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Sparkles wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:07 am "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.” William Shakespeare
:fp

A good start on a Skeptics forum.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Sparkles wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:07 am I am not a skeptic, or sceptical in any way. I am here to plague, harass and torment you cos bindeweede encouraged me to :mrgreen:
Oh good! I enjoy a good scrap. What is it that you particularly don't feel sceptical about today? :mrgreen:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Croydon13013 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:05 am
Sparkles wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:07 am "I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.” William Shakespeare
:fp

A good start on a Skeptics forum.
Are you referring to the jest or the unsupported attribution?

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/06/24/wit-battle/
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

Thankee for the welcomes!

polomint38, I agree that an abseiling wolf would indeed be cool! Methinks I may have to consider changing my username :lol: I love wolves, lupine, not the footie team. Soz.

Hello, chaggle!
Ignoring you, bindeweede, cos your presence here is, well, relative :sma

Croydon13013, glad I made a good start, hope I can improve :beer

Tony.Williams, I look forward to scrapping and since you ask what it is that I particularly don't feel sceptical about today, I shall tell you. All the blather about what is and isn't good for us to eat, that's what! Stop eating gluten. Avoid lactose. Sugar is poison. Go awaaay :gh

Other than that, I's having a great day :thumb: How about you?
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.” William Shakespeare :P
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Hi Sparkles, nice to meet you.

hee-hee - I love your choice of signature. (Wish I'd thought of that one.) :mrgreen:
However, I'm a wee bit sceptical re that quote being attributed to Shakespeare. Can you provide evidence to back up your claim? ;)
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

Hiya Ketchup
sceptical re that quote being attributed to Shakespeare. Can you provide evidence to back up your claim?
Apparently, thanks to Matt, I cannot. But I choose to believe that Will is indeed the author and therefore, hitherto and henceforth, with or without, I shall continue to brandish it. Or...I could change my mind and my signature and use one of the following stalwarts:
  • "In the event of a water landing, I have been designed to serve as a flotation device." DATA, Star Trek: Insurrection
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine
    Energizer Bunny arrested; charged with battery
    When the chips are down, the Buffalo is empty
That last one about chips is especially for you, Ketchup :D
Matt

Post by Matt »

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine" I like it.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Sparkles wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm
Tony.Williams, I look forward to scrapping and since you ask what it is that I particularly don't feel sceptical about today, I shall tell you. All the blather about what is and isn't good for us to eat, that's what! Stop eating gluten. Avoid lactose. Sugar is poison. Go awaaay :gh
I know someone who religiously followed all published advice about avoiding the foods and drinks which some so-called authority at some time had stated were harmful.

We gave him a nice funeral. It turned out that he couldn't survive on just air and water after all.

This isn't actually true, but it could be...
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Sparkles wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:49 pm When the chips are down, the Buffalo is empty

That last one about chips is especially for you, Ketchup :D
I'm wishing now that I hadn't looked up to see what it actually means ......
https://www.facebook.com/Whatsofunny/po ... 1508539540 :|

Oh well, never one to make a song and dance about a thing; I'll leave it to these guys:
(lol - Get the pony-tailed banjo player - he's really gets into the groove) 8-)

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~