Welcome to our new home!

bindeweede
Site Admin

Welcome to our new home!

Post by bindeweede »

First, wholehearted thanks to Darklady, Darklord and Tom_I for their work in setting-up the new forum and copying over getting on for 13,000 posts. I would never have contemplated the move to Prophpbb without their advice and assistance.
Some general remarks.
Members of the old forum should change the password they were sent and also add a genuine email address in the User Control Panel - very top left of screen.
Post counts may well be lower here than they were on the old forum. This is because we came across many broken links, mainly to YouTube clips, image files and some documents.
Signatures have not been copied over, smileys might be missing from some of your posts, and it was not possible to add the original dates posts were made, although they have been copied in the order they were posted.
Private messages cannot be copied either, so members are advised to visit the old forum and save any important messages. The old forum will stay up for several weeks.

Apologies for any errors you might find.
Abdul Alhazred

Re: Welcome to our new home!

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Back again.

The old forum going away?

The old stuff moved over?

Thanks.
Yes, that one.
Brian1945

Post by Brian1945 »

I just noticed a few seconds ago that the "Who is online" section read

"Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests"

Yet I was browsing it (obviously) - in fact I was just reading the post I'd sent seconds earlier to the "Smileys" thread. Earlier I'd noticed that my username was mentioned - so it had disappeared at some stage.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Matt here reporting for duty
:beer
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Brian1945 wrote:I just noticed a few seconds ago that the "Who is online" section read

"Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests"

Yet I was browsing it (obviously) - in fact I was just reading the post I'd sent seconds earlier to the "Smileys" thread. Earlier I'd noticed that my username was mentioned - so it had disappeared at some stage.
Hi Brian. You will find that (possibly due to a quirk of coding?) the who is online only works on forums and sub-forums. It doesn't register on individual topics here. ie. if you were to go up one level to the 'welcome to our new home' forum you should appear on the who is online.

Like I mentioned, I'm not sure whether this is to do with phpbb coding or something prophpbb have enabled/disabled. But it happens the same way on my own forum too.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

I'm here! Now I have to work out how to move my feet over....
Brian1945

Post by Brian1945 »

Darklord wrote:Hi Brian. You will find that (possibly due to a quirk of coding?) the who is online only works on forums and sub-forums. It doesn't register on individual topics here. ie. if you were to go up one level to the 'welcome to our new home' forum you should appear on the who is online.

Like I mentioned, I'm not sure whether this is to do with phpbb coding or something prophpbb have enabled/disabled. But it happens the same way on my own forum too.
Thanks - the mystery solved.
polomint38

Post by polomint38 »

Sorry didn't see this, so posted on old (apologies for using this word as it brings reality crashing down on some peoples head) forum, some idiocy.... see below
bindeweede wrote:We've just reached 4,000!
bindeweede wrote:Job done! "Free at last"! :yss :wh
I am very excited, but please remind me, where my arousal comes from. :D
That was before I realised the topic, you will be glad to know my arousal has been fully fulfilled. :yea
Tony Williams

Post by Tony Williams »

polomint38 wrote: That was before I realised the topic, you will be glad to know my arousal has been fully fulfilled. :yea
Too much information... :?