Crop circles not a hoax

Dubious Dick

Re: Crop circles not a hoax

Post by Dubious Dick »

As I live in Brummingham, wrote to the Mail (Brum version) to complain about the report. Despite the pun "barley believable" the rest of the article presented zero skeptical input, and will only have served as publicity for a nutjob, and given those who believe in some external force creating crop circles succour for their daft ideas.

It is quite remarkable that despite the confessions of the most famous perpetrators and demonstrations as to how even the most complex designs can be executed, people still want to believe that it was the aliens wot done it.
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

Agreed, DD. The implication seems to be that our ancestors were stupid, and couldn't possibly have built pyramids etc. without alien help.

They were anything but! Seriously, I wonder how many modern humans know how to light a fire without gadgets that we now take for granted, let alone smelt ores for metals.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Reg Presley - mentioned and quoted in the OP article - has died. :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... ed-71.html
The band recorded an album with three members of REM and the success of the Wet Wet Wet version, which featured on the soundtrack of the hit film Four Weddings and a Funeral and spent 15 weeks at number one, allowed Presley to pursue his interest in crop circles and UFOs.

He published a book, Wild Things They Don't Tell Us, about the paranormal in 2002
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

chaggle wrote:Reg Presley - mentioned and quoted in the OP article - has died. :(
A sad loss for the world of music. Although I really didn't like that bloody Wet Wet Wet song. But The Goodies cover of Wild Thing was very good.

Absolutely no loss at all to the worlds of "UFOlogy" and "Cereology".
thIS sIGnaTure iS an