Terrorism

Matt

Terrorism

Post by Matt »

I take the yougov online surveys. Probably have more chance of influencing the government that way than voting.
The latest was "How likely do you think another terrorist attack on Britain is?"
The final question being an open form question: do you have any further comments on terrorism. Mine being the the first step to defeating terrorists is to not be terrorized by them and noted that you're more likely to die from slipping in the bath than as the victim of terrorism.
We're then presented with the options to view and rate other people's comments. I can't believe how far out of touch I am with popular sentiment with at least two thirds taking the opportunity to speak out against immigration. Here's a full screen worth of it.
Share your thoughts.PNG
Share your thoughts.PNG (42.87 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
chaggle

Re: Terrorism

Post by chaggle »

Matt - you are right.

We did this in the pub the other night and friends of mine - bright and thinking people - were stating much the same as in your screenshot.

Anti-immigrant sentiment is everywhere and it's worrying.

And it's all France's fault that they're coming here (although Gawd knows what France is supposed to do about it).

I'm very uncomfortable with what I perceive to be the groundswell of public sentiment at the moment - it's worrying - possibly even frightening.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Matt

Post by Matt »

It is a concern but beyond clicking the red thumbs down where I see it expressed I'm not sure if there's any worthwhile response. Actively opposing it might fuel the extreme polarization we see in society. I think all I can do is to bring my boys up to be more considered thinkers.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Just read this. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... riti-patel
Thought it appropriate