Boris Johnson's fall will come - and it will be swift and brutal.

bindeweede
Site Admin

Boris Johnson's fall will come - and it will be swift and brutal.

Post by bindeweede »

He might seem to be unharmed by the scandals he presides over, but Boris Johnson's position is more vulnerable than it looks. The fall will come, and it will be swift, brutal and comprehensive.
Ian Dunt's view from The New European.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit ... st-8094622
chaggle

Re: Boris Johnson's fall will come - and it will be swift and brutal.

Post by chaggle »

... and waaaay too late.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Matt

Re: Boris Johnson's fall will come - and it will be swift and brutal.

Post by Matt »

Every politician falls eventually.
However the article spends most of it's time explaining why it's not happening. We knowingly elected a casually racist, flag shagging, lying, cheating toff with his hands in the til. So anything that simply confirms this won't change much. In fact we almost think that his new supporters voted for him because of those characteristics rather than despite them. As the overton window on what is acceptable moves further towards casual racism then some people feel freer to speak their mind. As it moves towards lying others feel free to deliver with words rather than actions. As it moves towards corruption many will feel happier to do as their leaders have shown them and line their own pockets. I doubt we can rely on pubic outrage to remove Boris. It'll be a knife in the back from one of his colleagues or the displeasure of the press barons the breaks him in the end