Good Thinking Investigates: Palmistry (Parts 1-3).

bindeweede
Site Admin

Good Thinking Investigates: Palmistry (Parts 1-3).

Post by bindeweede »

Published on Jul 27, 2015

Palm readers have operated in seaside towns across the country for many years.

Many people put their trust (and hand over considerable amounts of money) to psychics - especially in times of need.

In the absence of any proof that palmists have any ability to accurately advise on the future, we wanted to find out whether that trust was well-placed, so we visited a palm reader in Blackpool...

Read the full investigation at: http://goodthinkingsociety.org/good-t...

We contacted the psychic to share our investigations and our concerns, but she did not respond.

(To switch to full screen, click the Full screen icon in the bottom corner of the video player.

To exit out of full screen, press Esc on your keyboard or click the Full screen icon again.)

Ketchup

Re: Good Thinking Investigates: Palmistry (Parts 1-3).

Post by Ketchup »

That was so funny. Can't wait for Part 2.

She had all that spiel well rehearsed, didn't she. Must be the very same that's given to everyone that crosses her palm with silver - hence the warning to "keep it to yourself". "Unlucky if you don't". Yes, unlucky for her ....... to find that the exact same story, word-for-word, was given to your pal a week later. Image

Not too sure where the "good thinking" comes in here .... but maybe that will all come to light in Part 2.
Tenterhooks ......... !

Image (Of course, there are people who take this sort of thing a little bit too seriously. Sounds like the 'Good Thinking' people might have done just that) ....
We contacted the psychic to share our investigations and our concerns, but she declined to comment.
:ro
Ah well .... we live and learn ....
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
Zep

Post by Zep »

You actually missed a couple more questions she asked! But regardless, you have to wonder who was actually doing the reading - her or the sitter.

Also, the 20 pounds / 30 pounds thing at the start was classic bait-and-switch given she was very likley running the same spiel either way.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

chaggle

Post by chaggle »

People really believe this crap?

The facepalm smiley doesn't work properly.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Part three was posted earlier today.

http://goodthinkingsociety.org/good-thi ... ry-part-3/

I find it hard to imagine that anyone who watched these videos would find any surprises; they found what they were expecting to find, I expect. A clear statement of purpose would have been a good idea. All I could find in the first posting was, "Many people put their trust (and hand over considerable amounts of money) to psychics – especially in times of need. In the absence of any proof that palmists have any ability to accurately advise on the future, we wanted to find out whether that trust was well-placed, so we visited a palm reader in Blackpool…"

I'd be very surprised if Trading Standards have the time or inclination to investigate the concerns reported. They have no time to investigate the activities of psychic surgeons, for example, so I doubt the activities of palm readers would be any different.