Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's team.

chaggle

Re: Mark Tilbrook on threats from psychic Sally Morgan's tea

Post by chaggle »

It would be interesting to see what Tibrook's reaction to that reaction would be, particularly the reference to the police previously having been called...
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/p ... 88473.html

This article in The Independent covers both stories - Mark Tilbrook and the cyclists upset girlfriend.

It answers my previous post...
Mr Tilbrook says he has never seen the police, nor ever been “removed” from a Morgan event. He adds: “I have never approached John Morgan or anyone from Sally's team when handing out leaflets. On every occasion they have gone out of their way to approach me.”
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

The video has now reached almost 50 000 views on YouTube, and growing.

She is taking some real stick from supporters on her facebook page, even though as to be expected there are the diehard fans(or stooges) defending her and her vile hubby.

This is really beginning to bite her hard in her backside. :yea
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

There is a revised version of Mark Tilbrook's leaflet which will be used this month.

And here, Tim Farley puts Mark's campaign in a slightly wider context.

http://www.skeptic.com/insight/challeng ... more-26814
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

bindeweede wrote:There is a revised version of Mark Tilbrook's leaflet which will be used this month.

BIG difference! Comparing that to the original leaflet that was being distributed: http://i.imgur.com/BgA9VLt.png
- the revised version (* apart from the wording in #2 *) is actually excellent, non-provocative and appropriate advice for anyone attending these 'psychic sleb' shows. :thumb:
They have obviously taken on board the sensible advice meted out in http://www.skeptic.com/insight/challeng ... more-26814
"But it is very important for skeptics to plan their campaigns carefully and seek help from experts in various fields (legal, conjuring, technology and more) as they go forward"

* As for #2 in the revised version:
The psychic should be able to say: "I'm hearing from George Jones who died from liver disease in April 2009. He was a plumber and he says his wife is Mary Jones".
That is just wrong. That expectation is misplaced and misinformed - and actually just serves to detract from what otherwise could be a very appropriate and effective campaign.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Dr Tom Williamson on Morgan's "apology" and Facebook censorship.
I’ve been on the Sally Morgan Facebook page and tried to inform people of where they can not only watch the video, but also read the leaflets that Mark Tilbrook was attempting to hand out. Sadly, my comments (as well as pretty much any comments from other skeptics) have been deleted and I have been banned from the page. Only pro-Sally comments are tolerated there, and many go so far as to excuse John Morgan’s behaviour.
http://www.skepticcanary.com/2014/10/11 ... r-husband/
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Ketchup wrote:
The psychic should be able to say: "I'm hearing from George Jones who died from liver disease in April 2009. He was a plumber and he says his wife is Mary Jones".
That is just wrong. That expectation is misplaced and misinformed - and actually just serves to detract from what otherwise could be a very appropriate and effective campaign.
Why is it wrong Ketchup?
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Ketchup wrote:
bindeweede wrote:There is a revised version of Mark Tilbrook's leaflet which will be used this month.

BIG difference! Comparing that to the original leaflet that was being distributed: http://i.imgur.com/BgA9VLt.png
- the revised version (* apart from the wording in #2 *) is actually excellent, non-provocative and appropriate advice for anyone attending these 'psychic sleb' shows. :thumb:
They have obviously taken on board the sensible advice meted out in http://www.skeptic.com/insight/challeng ... more-26814
"But it is very important for skeptics to plan their campaigns carefully and seek help from experts in various fields (legal, conjuring, technology and more) as they go forward"

* As for #2 in the revised version:
You seem to have changed your tune a bit.

1. The original Mark Tilbrook leaflet may have been revised, but whart part of it was wrong in any way? It was also non-provocative and certainly not, as claimed by the Morgan crew, libellous in any way. Hardly "Big differences" as you state.

2. So, now this "could be a very appropriate and effective campaign" as opposed to your earlier attempts to diss Good Thinking and the people behind it. I quote "Here's a good thought for the "Good Thinking" crew .............

Get a life, guys!"

3. Why is it in anyway "misplaced and misinformed" to expect specific, verifiable information from real 'psychic' mediums'? Otherwise we are left with the usual stuff that is indistinguishable from cold or warm reading. Also, does this mean that when they do come up with specific, verifiable info then they are automatically fake? Of course, it is more likely that if they do it is the result of hot reading.

4. Have you got any views on the way that Mr Morgan behaved? Have you got any views on the validity of the claims Sally Morgan makes?

The good news is that the video is now over 85 000 views and growing. Not only will it do serious harm to the Sally Morgan Enterprises money making scam, but draw attention to all 'psychics' selling their schtick.

The original leaflet as posted earlier by B

http://i.imgur.com/BgA9VLt.png
Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

Dubious Dick wrote:Have you got any views on the way that Mr Morgan behaved?
Only to say that the video is heavily edited - in the same way that these psychic shows can be. :| So, without proper sequential evidence of what actually occurred, any further comment would be quite pointless.
~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

A believer in mediumship writes about the Tilbrook/Morgan thing. "The Bigot’s Wife."

http://kayecrawford.wordpress.com/2014/ ... gots-wife/

ETA. Wondering if her appearance in Brighton later this week will still go ahead. "Unforeseen circumstances"...... ;-)
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

bindeweede wrote:A believer in mediumship writes about the Tilbrook/Morgan thing. "The Bigot’s Wife."

http://kayecrawford.wordpress.com/2014/ ... gots-wife/

ETA. Wondering if her appearance in Brighton later this week will still go ahead. "Unforeseen circumstances"...... ;-)
As always we can rely on B to find interesting stuff.

I saw her comment on the Sally Morgan Facebook page yesterday morning saying she had cancelled her tickets to a show, and later noticed it had been removed like many other critical ones.

Her post is well written, and does an excellent job of dissecting the faux apology from Sally Morgan Enterprises. It should help to exacerbate the schism in the believer ranks, and is also interesting because it recognises the wider damage that can be done to the World of 'psychic mediumship' by this episode.

Hopefully more of the believer community will also get to see the information on the leaflets, and more inroads can be made.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

On Morgan's FB page today, posted approx 15.22.
58 minutes ago
Today Sally Morgan made a firm decision to sack her husband John Morgan and Son in Law Daren Wiltshear after recent video footage shows them using violent and threatening behaviour.

As of today John Morgan no longer holds his position as Sally’s Personal Manager and Daren Wiltshear no longer holds the position of Tour Manager. Both John and Daren will have nothing more to do with Sally Morgan's business, including her live shows, which they will no longer be attending.

Sally Morgan added “I have come from a family background that has always been very accepting, many of my friends are gay and I have always felt happy that I am often referred to as a gay icon through my work. I am utterly ashamed and devastated at the behaviour of my husband John and Son in Law Daren and neither of them will have anything to do with my work, my business and right now I honestly have no idea what is going to happen to my marriage”.

There will be many more important decisions being made over the course of this week.

Sally Morgan Enterprises Ltd
Dubious Dick

Post by Dubious Dick »

Just been posted on International Skeptics Forum where she shows just what a good friend she is to gay people by giving advice not to be tested for HIV -serious dangerous stuff!

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012 ... d-harmless

Also to demonstrate just what an awful cold reader she is, a transcript of the reading here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200802160701 ... toryid=681

As others are saying, the 'sacking' of her husband and son and law seems like desperate and too late damage limitation, given the original faux apology.

Can we gloat? PLEASE! :yss
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

bindeweede wrote:On Morgan's FB page today, posted approx 15.22.
58 minutes ago
Today Sally Morgan made a firm decision to sack her husband John Morgan and Son in Law Daren Wiltshear after recent video footage shows them using violent and threatening behaviour.

As of today John Morgan no longer holds his position as Sally’s Personal Manager and Daren Wiltshear no longer holds the position of Tour Manager. Both John and Daren will have nothing more to do with Sally Morgan's business, including her live shows, which they will no longer be attending.

Sally Morgan added “I have come from a family background that has always been very accepting, many of my friends are gay and I have always felt happy that I am often referred to as a gay icon through my work. I am utterly ashamed and devastated at the behaviour of my husband John and Son in Law Daren and neither of them will have anything to do with my work, my business and right now I honestly have no idea what is going to happen to my marriage”.

There will be many more important decisions being made over the course of this week.

Sally Morgan Enterprises Ltd
That is a truly desperate reaction.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

chaggle wrote: That is a truly desperate reaction.
Yes, but the appeal to sympathy will no doubt be very successful with her adoring admirers.