Scalene Hypercharge Corona Canon

chaggle

Scalene Hypercharge Corona Canon

Post by chaggle »

What does anyone make of this?

https://www.morningstar.com/news/pr-new ... -emergency
The device is designed to release a very high concentration of environmentally safe electrons using proprietary Photon-Mediated Electron Emitters (PMEEs) made with a superalloy developed by Scalene, applying well-known principles of physics, to emit and excite photons with the required kinetic energy. As the photons bombard bulk surfaces and suspended particles in confined environments, the emanated electron cloud actively 'disarms' air and surface transmission of the Corona family of viruses.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
Tony.Williams

Re: Scalene Hypercharge Corona Canon

Post by Tony.Williams »

Pure BS! :roll:
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Tony.Williams wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:03 pm Pure BS! :roll:
That's what I thought. :thumb
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

The Morning Star link didn't work for me, but I did come across this.
A device designed by an Indian scientist to contain the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 infectivity of SARS-CoV-2

has now got clearances from regulatory agencies in the US and EU for production under emergency use against Covid-19.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 178835.cms
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Yes - this company (and associated organisations - see the Cytotron device) are very keen on saying that their stuff has been certified by the FDA, has a CE mark and so on.

The whole set-up stinks of BS to me.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

I'm not especially good with internet searches, but I can't find any independent assessment of if and how this device works. There is this, from March 27th.
If the prototype can be delivered to the US, it would take about four to five days to validate its efficacy. The labs will also have to determine how far the electrons go, what distance it can work in, how many to deploy in public, both covered and uncovered areas, how it works on different surfaces like wood, steel, etc.
https://www.news18.com/news/india/benga ... 53215.html

I wonder if we are back in the fake bomb detector territory??
Matt

Post by Matt »

I do love a traditional family run out fit. https://www.shreis.org/our-team
Lot's of PhDs and DScs in that list. Could probably do with more MDs.
Been looking at their other products. The CytoTron looks like alight weigh NMR tunnel but it's marketed for the curative energy fields it produces rather than imaging. This Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy (QMRT) is apparently a breakthrough in tissue engineering. I haven't been able to find much impact in the medical literature. But they have kindly directed us to their own research list. They've actually published about the benefits of their device. Though the quality of the publishing house hosting that journal is somewhat debatable
The seemingly older product Haemoseis-256 is a heart monitor which uses Transaortic signal wave modulation (TASWM) and Flow Turbulence Accelerometry (FTA). Neither term yields much from google scholar. References appear to relate to generic non invasive hearts monitoring technologies rather than this device specifically.

Fascinating stuff though I'm totally unable to confirm whether any of it works or not.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Matt wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:45 am I do love a traditional family run out fit. https://www.shreis.org/our-team
Lot's of PhDs and DScs in that list. Could probably do with more MDs.
Been looking at their other products. The CytoTron looks like alight weigh NMR tunnel but it's marketed for the curative energy fields it produces rather than imaging. This Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy (QMRT) is apparently a breakthrough in tissue engineering. I haven't been able to find much impact in the medical literature. But they have kindly directed us to their own research list. They've actually published about the benefits of their device. Though the quality of the publishing house hosting that journal is somewhat debatable
The seemingly older product Haemoseis-256 is a heart monitor which uses Transaortic signal wave modulation (TASWM) and Flow Turbulence Accelerometry (FTA). Neither term yields much from google scholar. References appear to relate to generic non invasive hearts monitoring technologies rather than this device specifically.

Fascinating stuff though I'm totally unable to confirm whether any of it works or not.
The absence of any evidence that this stuff works (I couldn't find anything either) leads me to believe that it doesn't.

Also use of the word 'quantum' in the blurb.

I posted it on The Bristol Skeptics FB page and got two expert responses - 'total bollocks' and 'load of wank'. :mrgreen:

Seems pretty conclusive to me.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Two venues in America are installing this technology which to my inexpert eye looks far more plausible...

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/inside-se ... reopening/
The Space Needle has added an array of ultraviolet light technology intended to rid the air and surfaces of harmful viruses. Guests will pass through Far-UV-C “sanitizing” body scanners at the front gates that look like airport metal detectors. Inside, they’ll breathe air that’s been zapped by even stronger UV-C light inside the building’s mechanical systems.
https://www.geekwire.com/2020/inside-se ... reopening/
It’s called Far-UV-C, or 222 nanometers, and while developers have known of the wavelength’s potential for years, it took a pandemic for developers to truly tap into its promise.
“It’s a well-proven, extremely safe technology that is underused and often misunderstood,” Edward Nardell, professor in the Harvard Departments of Environmental Health and Immunology and Infectious Diseases, recently told NPR. “No one doubts the efficacy of germicidal UV in killing small microorganisms and pathogens. I think the bigger controversy, if there is any, is mis-perceptions around safety.”
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-67211-2
A direct approach to limit airborne viral transmissions is to inactivate them within a short time of their production. Germicidal ultraviolet light, typically at 254 nm, is effective in this context but, used directly, can be a health hazard to skin and eyes. By contrast, far-UVC light (207–222 nm) efficiently kills pathogens potentially without harm to exposed human tissues.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Probably not a good idea: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... h-uv-light
Recently, scientists have discovered a promising new type of UVC which is less dangerous to handle, and still lethal to viruses and bacteria. Far-UVC has a shorter wavelength than regular UVC, and so far, experiments with human skin cells in the lab have shown that it doesn’t damage their DNA (more research is needed to be sure).

On the other hand, bacteria and viruses don’t come off as well, because they are small enough for the light to reach. One study found that it could prevent mouse wounds from becoming infected with the superbug MRSA, while another found that it could kill flu viruses suspended in the air.

However, the vast majority of the UVC lamps on the market don’t use far-UVC yet – and again, it hasn’t been tested in actual humans, just on our cells in petri dishes and other animals. So this type of radiation probably won’t help you during the current pandemic either.
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

Here's a more immediate issue: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... t-covid-19
The Swiss health authorities have also warned against using face visors instead of masks after an investigation into an outbreak of Covid-19 at a hotel in the canton of Graubünden revealed all those who were infected had been wearing plastic face shields, while those who avoided infection were in masks.
chaggle

Post by chaggle »

Hmmm.... I thought masks were fairly ineffective at protecting the wearer - but had some benefit in protecting others from the wearer. It seems from this incident that they do protect the wearer after all.

Or maybe nobody really knows what's going on at all. :con
Tony.Williams

Post by Tony.Williams »

I think that the situation is rather confusing. There is a difference between aerosols and liquid droplets (such as are expelled by sneezing). Standard commercial masks are not much good in protecting the wearer against aerosols (very small particles) but are useful against droplets. At least, I think that's the way it is... :con